Next Meeting is August 27!
Last meeting we discussed items that we might want to acquire or build for use in operating events. Among the items discussed were coax, push-up poles, and antennas. During the august meeting we will discuss and decide what if any purchases to make. Item up for consideration are:
- 1,000 feet of Messi & Paoloni cable with 20 connectors and 2 pair of scissors at EUR 485.40 (Approx. $543.00 when page updated)
- Push Up mast 36', plus guy rings at $214. The tilt base option would be an additional $329.
- One or more 500' rolls of #14 insulated wire for stringing a loop antenna.
- Regular Monthly Meeting: August 27, 2019
- Operating Event & Test Session: September 14, 2019. We will hold a Winter Field Day Practice event coinciding with the test session. During this event, we'll test various antennas. Bring any antenna you think might be a good idea for Winter Field Day for us all to evaluate. Bring your rig if you'd like to try it with various antennas. We'll start at 9:30 and wrap up early afternoon.
- Regular Monthly Meeting: September 24, 2019
- Regular Monthly Meeting: October 22, 2019
Winter Field Day will be on January 25-26, 2020 - start planning now!
Come join the informal Ham Radio breakfast gathering, 8:30AM each Saturday morning at Denny's, 1206 N Woodland Blvd, Deland, FL 32720.
Welcome to WestVARS!
The West Volusia Amateur Radio Society (WestVARS) was founded in 1982 and has been continuously active since then. We are an ARRL affiliated club and we offer a wide range of Amateur Radio activities, as well as licensing test sessions every other month.
Our monthly meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the DeLand Elks Lodge at 614 South Alabama Avenue, DeLand, Florida 32720. The meeting location is directly across the street from the Earl Brown Skate and Bike Park. Meetings start at 7:00 PM. Show up early at 6:30 for some fellowship with your fellow Amateur Radio operators.
WestVARS holds three weekly radio nets every Wednesday night.
- 2 Meter Net – 147.315 (+600 kHz No Tone) WV4ARS Repeater
Begins at 8:00 PM (EchoLink Node 80113)
- 10 Meter USB Simplex Net - 28.315 USB
Begins right after the 2 Meter net (usually around 8:15 PM)
- 6 Meter FM Simplex Net 52.040 MHz
Begins at 8:45 PM
We would like to invite you to join the West Volusia Amateur Radio Society
(WestVARS). Please click here for a membership application.