Next Meeting is July 23!
The focus of the next meeting will be on antennas for WestVARS operating events. Have an antenna design that you think would be good to have in the WestVARS arsenal for operating event, plan to present your idea. Make sure you can speak to ease of setup, performance, and cost. The following were placed on the July agenda during discussion at the June meeting:
- James WX4TV - presenting on push-up poles and Quad Beam
- George AE4TG - presenting on the SkyLoop
- Ken AE2KP- presenting on 20M vertical array, and Fan Dipole
- Regular Monthly Meeting: July 23, 2019
- Regular Monthly Meeting: August 27, 2019
- Operating Event & Test Session: September 14, 2019. We will hold a Winter Field Day Practice event coinciding with the test session. During this event, we'll test various antennas. Bring any antenna you think might be a good idea for Winter Field Day for us all to evaluate. Bring your rig if you'd like to try it with various antennas. We'll start at 9:30 and wrap up early afternoon.
- Regular Monthly Meeting: September 24, 2019
- Regular Monthly Meeting: October 22, 2019
Winter Field Day will be on January 25-26, 2020 - start planning now!
Come join the informal Ham Radio breakfast gathering, 8:30AM each Saturday morning at Denny's, 1206 N Woodland Blvd, Deland, FL 32720.
Welcome to WestVARS!
The West Volusia Amateur Radio Society (WestVARS) was founded in 1982 and has been continuously active since then. We are an ARRL affiliated club and we offer a wide range of Amateur Radio activities, as well as licensing test sessions every other month.
Our monthly meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the DeLand Elks Lodge at 614 South Alabama Avenue, DeLand, Florida 32720. The meeting location is directly across the street from the Earl Brown Skate and Bike Park. Meetings start at 7:00 PM. Show up early at 6:30 for some fellowship with your fellow Amateur Radio operators.
WestVARS holds three weekly radio nets every Wednesday night.
- 2 Meter Net – 147.315 (+600 kHz No Tone) WV4ARS Repeater
Begins at 8:00 PM (EchoLink Node 80113)
- 10 Meter USB Simplex Net - 28.315 USB
Begins right after the 2 Meter net (usually around 8:15 PM)
- 6 Meter FM Simplex Net 52.040 MHz
Begins at 8:45 PM
We would like to invite you to join the West Volusia Amateur Radio Society
(WestVARS). Please click here for a membership application.