Welcome to WestVARS!
The West Volusia Amateur Radio Society (WestVARS) was founded in 1982 and has been continuously active since then. We are an ARRL affiliated Amateur Radio club and we offer a wide range of Amateur Radio activities, as well as licensing test sessions every other month.
Our monthly meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the DeLand Elks Lodge at 614 South Alabama Avenue, DeLand, Florida 32720. The meeting location is directly across the street from the Earl Brown Skate and Bike Park. Meetings start at 7:00 PM. Show up early at 6:30 for some fellowship with your fellow Amateur Radio operators.
WestVARS holds three weekly radio nets every Wednesday night.
(NOTE: No nets on 12/25/2019 and 1/1/2020)
- 2 Meter Net – 147.315 (+600 kHz No Tone) WV4ARS Repeater
Begins at 8:00 PM (EchoLink Node 80113)
- 10 Meter USB Simplex Net - 28.315 USB
Begins right after the 2 Meter net (usually around 8:15 PM)
- 6 Meter FM Simplex Net 52.040 MHz
Begins after the 10 Meter net (usually about 8:30 PM)
Amateur Radio Breakfast
WestVARS holds a weekly breakfast for all interested in amateur radio every Saturday, 8:30, at Perkins, 1405 North Woodland Blvd in Deland, FL.
Need to pay your 2020 Dues? Use PayPal.
- Next Monthly Meeting: February 25, 2020
- West Volusia Amateur Radio Tailgate: Sponsored by WestVARS April 18, 2020 Location Lowes, Deland. More inforamation.