Welcome to WestVARS!
The West Volusia Amateur Radio Society (WestVARS) was founded in 1982 and has been continuously active since then. We are an ARRL affiliated Amateur Radio club and we offer a wide range of Amateur Radio activities, as well as licensing test sessions every other month.
Our monthly meetings are held on the fourth Tuesday of each month at the DeLand Elks Lodge at 614 South Alabama Avenue, DeLand, Florida 32720. The meeting location is directly across the street from the Earl Brown Skate and Bike Park. Meetings start at 7:00 PM. Show up early at 6:30 for some fellowship with your fellow Amateur Radio operators.
WestVARS holds three weekly radio nets every Wednesday night.
- 2 Meter Net – 147.315 (+600 kHz No Tone) WV4ARS Repeater
Begins at 8:00 PM (EchoLink Node 80113)
- 10 Meter USB Simplex Net - 28.315 USB
Begins right after the 2 Meter net (usually around 8:15 PM)
- 6 Meter FM Simplex Net 52.040 MHz
Begins after the 10 Meter net (usually about 8:30 PM)
Articles of Incorporation and By-Laws
Next Meeting is October 22, 2019
Nominations for 2020 officers
Nominatioins for the slate of officers for 2020 must be made at/by the November meeting which will be held on the 3rd Tuesday (November 19).
- Champions Ride for Charity: Sunday, October 20, 2019 WestVARS will assist the Lake Monroe Amateur Radio Society (LMARS) in providing communications for this ride sponsored by the Lake Mary Rotary Club. WestVARS will staff rest stops 2, 3 and 5 below. If you'd like to help staff one of the stops, please contact Greg, N4ZZN at yahoo.com
- Deltona Skate Park
- Blake Park – Lake Helen <- Staffed by WestVARS
- DeLeon Springs Store <- Staffed by WestVARS
- Blake Park – Lake Helen
- Beck Ranch Park <- Staffed by WestVARS
- Regular Monthly Meeting: October 22, 2019
- MS Bike to the Shore: November 23 & 24, 2019 The ARES group provides communications for this 2 day bike ride from St. Augustine to Daytona Beach and back. There are multiple opportunities for you to get involved for a portion of the time. Amateur radio operators ride in the SAG vehicles up and down the route, man rest stops and provide communications for both the start/finish area in St. Augustine and the Daytona Beach Hilton stop. Stay tuned for how to get involved. This is a great opportunity for Technicians as 2M is the primary band used.
- Date Change for November meeting: New date: November 19, 2019
Weekly Breakfast : Those interested in Ham Radio are invited to meet for breakfast every Saturday, 8:30, at Perkins, 1405 North Woodland Blvd in Deland, FL.
Winter Field Day will be on January 25-26, 2020 - start planning now!